• Develop and manage third-party broker relationships.
• Attend Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens industry events.
• Schedule weekly presentations and/or tours.
• Continually assess tenant and broker feedback in order to optimize outreach strategies.
• Underwrite and execute more complex leases.
• Negotiate and draft letters of intent and office leases in conjunction with in-house and outside legal counsel.
• Keep and present a comprehensive list of market comps on a recurring basis.
• Collaborate with the development/design team on build-outs, budgets and space delivery.
• Coordinate with the operations team.
• Actively participate in Industry City marketing events.
The Lease Administration Manager manages lease administration and collections teams and their daily functions relating to the lease portfolio, rent billing, collections, and disputes.
· Manage Lease Administration. Share oversight on Collections team and their daily functions relating to the lease portfolio, rent billing/collections, disputes, etc.
· Manage work flow, productivity of team, and ensure department responsibilities and functions are being met.
· Implement technologies to improve overall efficiencies.
· Review and sign off on new leases/amendments/surrenders files to ensure all the correct documents that come into the department and check with lease log.
· Review and approve abstracted lease data: key dates, key clauses, payments and other lease information for ALL Leases as a second Reviewer.
· Oversee and assist with Post and review all billing adjustments as it relates to tenant billings, moves outs, security deposit refunds, etc.
· Track and update to Assist Lease Admin on move ins and move out dates to tie to MRI rent roll
· Calculate, review, and enter all real estate tax billings and escalation billings
· Review and resolve disputes from a tenant or departmental protocol related to lease translations
· Review and approve payment batches and post to MRI as well as review and approve adjustments and post to MRI.
· Review legal invoices for approval
· Manage and oversee monthly rent process and tie out the Rent Up Report and variances vs. prior month between tenants.
· Work with Operations, Leasing and other departments to manage delivery, possession, contingencies, rent commencement and other key dates
· Prepare and manage critical date reporting and key clause information
· Prepare and review Hold Over Rents, leases coming up or past expirations, and Lease Actions that are outstanding. This Report is sent out with Critical Date Report.
· Prepare Tenant Revenue Annual Budget to tie to Asset Management. Also, assist in the monthly Revenue Variance tie outs
· Manage any MRI Lease Admin issues that come up.
· Responsible for updating MRI and procedural documentation with MRI
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 5 years in lease administration.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Must be proactive in resolving issues as they arise.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to follow-up and follow through independently.
· Proficiency in MRI or other commercial real estate accounting software.