- Pre-planning logistics and on-site management of events, ranging from small retreats, workshops, and off-sites to 400+ person conferences, holidays parties, and general events
- First point of contact for all event inquiries to establish the baseline needs and relationship
- Proactively seek out events and conferences, new clients, and other business development opportunities
- Oversee and monitor rates and packages of competing venues to help set rack rates and offerings
- Assist marketing senior staff in making recommendations to strategically position the IC events business.
- Work in tandem with Senior Events Manager and others on team to execute all aspects of events and establish IC events procedures so that we provide a first-class experience
- Manage events from start to finish – email communications, proposals walk-throughs, contract (legal + insurance), invoicing, budgeting, and through execution and follow up.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the latest in events venues in Brooklyn and Manhattan, along with best practices.
- Responsible for monitoring client contractual requirements both from execution but also to marketing responsibilities
- Develop and nurture client relationships in an effort to generate repeat business
- Conduct broker outreach and general canvassing to both brokers and C-suite executives
- Present to and tour brokers and prospective tenants
- Negotiate and draft letters of intent and leases in conjunction with Industry City’s legal team
- Generate new leasing opportunities through business development with existing Industry City tenants
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g. Development, Design, Operations, Property Management) to ensure prompt space delivery, seamless move-in for new tenants, and effective roll-out of new product
- Manage scheduled roll of existing tenants
- Meet annual net absorption targets
- Assist both internal and external marketing teams on lease marketing initiatives, including digital marketing, flyer distribution, general lease collateral, and CoStar and Loopnet content
- Oversee and drive various leasing related projects and initiatives
- Participate in Industry City events, which may include weekends and evenings
- Collaborate with Asset Management on production of leasing related reports and analyses
- Participate in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens industry events
- Identify suitable space options for prospective tenants.
- Present to and tour prospective tenants through Industry City’s Creative Workshop spaces.
- Negotiate and draft letters of intent and lease documents in conjunction with Industry City’s legal team.
- Track inquiries, currently available spaces, near term availabilities, lease expirations and conversion rates.
- Maintain relationships with current tenants to encourage collaborations and future expansions.
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g. Development, Design, Operations, Property Management) to ensure prompt space delivery, seamless move-in for new tenants, and effective roll-out of new product.
- Meet annual net absorption targets.
- Manage and mentor leasing coordinators & associates to perform tasks and facilitate greater productivity within the group.
- Report to partners on deal economics and overall portfolio performance.
- Collect market data on competing product.
- Participate in Industry City events, which may include weekends and evenings.
Events + Site Activation
- Assist with site activation plans by researching, tracking upcoming cultural/trend moments, and developing onsite experiences for the public to drive traffic to the Industry City campus.
- Assist with outreach to event programs, planners, producers to build a rolodex of event professionals for future programing.
- Conduct research and outreach to contacts, vendors, partners, and brands for various activation initiatives
- Learn how to develop and maintain effective relationships with our Industry City businesses, partners, vendors, industry leaders, and community
- Manage budgets, credit cards, and tracking for all marketing teams.
Digital + Creative
- Work alongside the team to concept, plan, develop and post content across all organic social channels
- Track social media metrics and engage with audience on organic social channels
- Assist in producing all internal and external email campaigns through Mailchimp
- Monitor and research industry trends, competitive landscape, and social media trends to inform and inspire the development of new digital content + strategy
- Collaborate across teams to keep all assets up-to-date (e.g. IC App, Calendar, Website, Eventbrite, etc.)