• Develop and manage third-party broker relationships.
• Attend Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens industry events.
• Schedule weekly presentations and/or tours.
• Continually assess tenant and broker feedback in order to optimize outreach strategies.
• Underwrite and execute more complex leases.
• Negotiate and draft letters of intent and office leases in conjunction with in-house and outside legal counsel.
• Keep and present a comprehensive list of market comps on a recurring basis.
• Collaborate with the development/design team on build-outs, budgets and space delivery.
• Coordinate with the operations team.
• Actively participate in Industry City marketing events.
The Property Accountant / Analyst will be in charge of managing the general ledger and oversight of financial statement analytics and be involved in implementing policies and tools to automate and benchmark our financial position.
• Forensic account analysis of data related to Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting and Balance Sheet, and related party transactions.
• Cash Management and Bank Reconciliations
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business as well as by various business units.
• Assist in coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Assist with coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Assist in Managing the budget process and automating this process in our MRI program.
• Oversight of credit card purchases, expense reports and coding
• Accounts Payable oversight functions
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database and have technical abilities to implement improved processes and automation as needed
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Ad Hoc projects
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a commercial real estate setting or exposure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline.
• Knowledge of all aspects of Tax and Accrual reporting.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
• MRI experience is a plus.
• CPA a plus